Apache Druid is an open-source column-based data store coded in Java. The distributed data store can quickly process massive amounts of data while providing low-latency queries. The word “Druid” originates from the Druid class used in a variety of role-playing games. It reflects that the Druid architecture can solve different data problems. The platform is widely used by companies, including Cisco, Alibaba, Netflix, Twitter, Pinterest, and many more.
- Platform: Druid
- Author: Metamarkets
- Released: December 2021
- Type: Distributed real-time time-series column-oriented datastore
- License: Apache License 2.0
- Supports: Cross-platform
- Language: Java
- GitHub: /apache/druid
- Runs on: Apache ZooKeeper, metadata storage, a deep storage facility
- Real-time analytics
- User activity and behavior
- Network flows
- Digital marketing
- Application performance management
- IoT and device metrics
- OLAP and business intelligence
- Built for fast and modern data analytics applications
- Can easily integrate with existing data pipelines
- Can process super-fast and consistent queries at high concurrency
- Unlocks new types of workflows and queries for APM, clickstream, supply chain, network telemetry, risk/fraud, and other data types.
- You can deploy Apache Druid in public, private, and hybrid clouds.