Oozie is a Java-based tool used for building workflow jobs running on Hadoop Map/Reduce and Pig. It is a flexible, affordable, and reliable system to manage, schedule, and perform difficult Hadoop tasks. It’s a Java application that runs in a Java servlet framework.
- Platform: Oozie Java Web-Application
- Author: Apache Foundation Software
- Released: December 2019
- Type: Server-based Workflow
- License: Apache License 2.0
- Support: NA
- Language: hPDL
- GitHub :apache/oozie
- Runs on: NA
- Workflow scheduling
- Directed Acyclic Graphs (DAGs) of actions
- Combines multiple jobs sequentially into one logical unit of work
- Manage and schedule Apache Hadoop jobs
- It consists of action nodes and flows nodes
- Three types of jobs are common in Oozie – workflow, coordinator, and bundle jobs
- Oozie workflow action starts in a remote environment. On completion, it calls back for notification.
- Oozie offers support for different types of actions: Hadoop map-reduce, Hadoop file system, Pig, SSH, HTTP, email, and Oozie sub-workflow.