Kylo is an open-source, enterprise data lake platform built on Apache Hadoop and Spark. It was developed by Think Big Analytics which was later acquired by Teradata. It’s a fully-featured solution that supports ingest, preparation, metadata management, governance, and security. There are more than 150 implementations of this solution at various organizations.
- Framework: Kylo
- Author: Teradata
- Released: March 2017
- License: Apache 2.0
- GitHub: Teradata/kylo
- Runs on: Multi-platform
- GitHub Stars: 988 stars
- GitHub Contributors: 32
- Self-service data ingestion
- Wrangle data with visual SQL
- Search and explore data and metadata
- Monitor health of feeds and service
- With this, you can perform Google-like searches against data and metadata to discover entities of interest.
- Using Kylo, data can be maintained in the data lake.
- It integrates best practices around security and data quality.
- Kylo gives an IT framework to deliver the powerful pipelines as templates.
- The APIs and plug-in architecture of Kylo are flexible and easy to use.