NLKT is a Python-based set of tools and programs for symbolic and statistical natural language processing (NLP) in English. Graphical demonstrations and sample data are included in NLTK. NLTK is designed to aid education and research in natural language processing (NLP).
It also aids other closely allied fields such as empirical linguistics, cognitive science, artificial intelligence, information retrieval, and machine learning. NLTK has been effectively utilised as a teaching tool, a tool for individual study, and a platform for prototyping and developing research systems.
- Project: Natural Language Toolkit
- Author: Steven Bird, Edward Loper, and Ewan Klein
- Initial Release: 2001
- Type: Natural Language Processing
- License: Apache 2.0
- Contains: Lexical Analysis, Part of Speech tagger, N-gram, tree model and text chunker, named entity recognition
- Language: Python
- GitHub: /nltk/nltk with 10.2k stars and 349 contributors
- Runs On: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Twitter: /nltk_org
- Semantic Reasoning