spaCY is a powerful open-source NLP library developed by Explosion AI. It was developed in 2015 and has a large community of supporters. It supports PyTorch, TensorFlow, and other ML frameworks. Trained pipelines and pre-trained transformers like BERT are included.
- Library: spaCY
- Author: Explosion
- Initial Release: June 2015
- Type: Library for text processing. NLP.
- License: MIT License
- Language: Python and Cython
- GitHub: spaCY with 21k+ stars and 555+ contributors
- Twitter: spaCY
- Supports: 60+ languages
- GitHub Discussions: spaCY
- Powerful Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Comes with pre-trained pipelines
- Incorporates neural network models for tagging, parsing, text classification, entity recognition, and more
- Includes language-specific rules for tokenization