TQDM is a progress bar library with a focus on speed and extensibility. It’s written in Python, although there are ports available in other languages. tqdm is an abbreviation for I love you so much in Spanish (te quiero demasiado) and denotes progression in Arabic (taqadum).
- Display customisation via arguments
- Automatic limiting of display updates to avoid slowing down due to excessive iteration rates
- Automatic detection of console width to fill the display
- Automatic use of Unicode to render smooth-filling progress bars on supported terminals
- Support for custom rendering frontends