This package contains modules for use with URLs. The urllib module is divided into several sub-modules. It can make requests and receive responses from the server. As a powerful and user-friendly tool, it has several additional features that Python does not such as:
- Thread safety
- Connection pooling
- Client-side SSL/TLS verification
- File uploads with multipart encoding
- Helpers for retrying requests and dealing with HTTP redirects
- Support for gzip, deflate, and brotli encoding
- Proxy support for HTTP and SOCKS
- 100% test coverage
- Project: urllib
- Author: Andrey Petrov
- Initial Release: 2019
- Type: Web Scraping Tool
- License: MIT Licence
- Contains: urllib.request, urllib.parse, urllib.error, urllib.robotparser
- Language: Python
- GitHub: urllib3/urllib3 with 2.8k stars and 252 contributors
- Runs On: Windows, Linux, MacOS
- Twitter: None
- urllib.request is used to open and read URLs
- urllib.parse is used to parse URLs.
- urllib.error is used to handle exceptions.
- For processing robot.txt files, use urllib.robotparser.